Looking for tips, tricks, advice and more on running your very own Dungeons and Dragons session? We're Running Your Game, and while we may work mainly with 3rd Edition rules, we'll be working on making it easy to convert our modules over to 4th.

Stay tuned for updates, as we'll be publishing several small campaigns over the next few weeks. From the uneasy peace of the Galnion Peninsula, to the grand vista of Thurgard, you'll soon learn much more about these campaigns, the NPC's that make them up, and the forces that vie for power in each.

And above all, welcome!

Making a set of NPCs for open use. What kinds do you want us to make?

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Talking Game

This post is pretty much just for game discussion. Please, feel free to comment, and share your views.

What do you want to see? Share it right here!

2 comments:

  1. Recently, I had a huge fallout with my DM. As a result, my unquenchable thirst for table top RPGs is not being taken care of. I'm thinking of pulling together a group of noobs, showing them the ropes, and kicking off a campaign. However, I have no experience as a DM. One of the prospective players plays Rogue Trader, so I'm not worried about him, but how do I introduce the others to RP? Do you have any tips as to how to DM? Specifically, I'd like tips on how to drive the story along, and how to conduct "in town" business, like talking to NPCs, shopkeepers, haggling, and the like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you incorporate traveling and resting (+ food supplies) into the game? I'd rather not say "Ok, it's been 2 days and you've made it from A to B, without a hitch."

    ReplyDelete

Hi, feel free to discuss anything you've read here. Your questions are important to us, as we want to help you make the best game you can.